Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bored spaghetti magic

Today is chill and relax day at Jean's apartment.  But, even on chill and relax day at least one meal needs to be eaten.  So, I walked over to my fridge and found something very distressing. . .

Out of milk.  What a bummer. 
Not even one tiny drop!  How could I have let this happen?!  Do you know what this means???  It means no Oreo O's!
And I love my Oreo O's
All they're chocolate and marshmallow-y goodness!  They're just so delicious!
They're like my best food friend!  I just love them so much!  :-)
Sorry. . .got a little carried away. . .
Let's get back to the story!  So, I decided I'd better try my hand at turning on my stove.  I had ingredients for spaghetti so I thought I would give it a try.  Some people may perhaps think that making spaghetti isn't really cooking.  To those people: I refer you to my earlier several pictures.  So, to the freezer:
I got these breaded mini pork cutlets a couple of weeks ago.  They're pretty tasty with honey mustard and cook easily in the microwave.  How do I know they're mini pork cutlets???
voila! I'm proud of this because, if I remember it correctly, this was the only package in the freezer at Lotte Mart that was actually marked this way.  Score.  :)  Now for the noodles:
I got these noodles last week, I think. . .I'm not sure exactly what they are but they were cheap and looked like they would cook quickly.  Besides, I'll try anything once!
Here goes nothin'! 
Thanks to Lindie, I was able to actually turn on my gas stove.  And I actually splurged and got some butter.  Butter has a thousand uses and I thought it would encourage me to cook. . .so, mini pork cutlets, fried in butter, on a gas stove.  I'd say we're off to a good start. 
They say that people who don't know how to cook can't even boil water.  I can boil water, thank you very much.  My stove, on the other hand, cannot. 
This is my rip roarin' high flame!  I think I'm going to have to mention this one. . .my other burner doesn't work at all. . .
Fortunately I was correct about the noodles cooking quickly.  They cooked beautifully even without boiling water.  They were a little gelatinous, but actually had a really nice flavor!  :-)  Now for the hard part: 
Adding the sauce!!  Maybe you can't see it...but it says "Rose Spaghetti Sauce" and it has tomatoes and CHEESE on it!  It should say "magic sauce of awesomeness" because that's what it was.  Awesome. 
So, there you have it.  Rice noodle spaghetti with breaded mini pork cutlet and rose "magic" spaghetti sauce!  Doesn't look too bad, right?
Mmmmm, tomatoes and pork.  I posted this because I know all of you will want to rush out and buy the ingredients for this incredibly involved and sophisticated dish.  Now I just have to think of a snazzy name for it. . .
Elegant and complicated won't mean a thing if the end result stinks.  So, here's the final piece of the ornate design: is it good??
Success.
Tune in next time for more "Cooking with Jean"   (did I forget to turn the gas off?)

3 comments:

  1. I miss Oreo O's so much... How much do you think it would cost to get 5 or 10 boxes shipped to the US?

    ReplyDelete