Sunday, August 1, 2010

Across from my neighborhood is a park! My little treasure! :-)

On the other side of the street...bike lane, jogging lane, and slow-moving-American-with-a-camera lane.

Once I cross the highway, it's a lovely walk to the lake!

My side of the street...all apartment buildings at this point, and colorful ones at that.  This is where most of the 1.5 million people live.

Before I leave I have to go in one of those swan paddle boats!  This is the soccer stadium/sports complex, and the docks.  Just out of this frame is the huge swimming pool.  It all blends well, don't you think?

My side of the street = busy and built up.  This side of the street = amazing landscape and peace.  And escape from the heat!

It's all just so lush and lovely!

Every single park, no matter the size, has random work out equipment in it.  I guess I have no excuse not to lose weight here now!!

Doesn't that make you want to go for a walk??

Opposite side of the lake from the stadium.  I love that mountain!

Looks like a postcard, right?  Look at that sky!!

This is a different trail that actually leads right up to the freeway.  Pretty, isn't it?  To be right off a freeway??

The work that goes into the landscaping is amazing.  There are highways on all sides of this park, but they manage to make this place so peaceful and so quiet!

Just a lovely walk :-)

Very nice of them to tell me what they have here!!

That is the public swimming pool in the background.  Aren't those bushes so cute??  I think they're fish...

No comments:

Post a Comment