Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom!!

My amazing mother turned 50 this week.  Can you believe it?  I know I can't.   I was a terrible daughter and left the hemisphere the very same year that she was to reach this landmark birthday, and all that she asked of me was a birthday blog.  So, here it is, my favorite places and the places that I go (just about) everyday. 


Happy Birthday, Mom.            






 

The lovely park. 


 <3

Camera timers are amazing :-)

The most exercise I've gotten since I've been here. . . :-)


It does say "Happy Birthday" you'll have to take my word for it.

This is the street that I walk down every single day to get anything at all.  We live at the top of the hill.

I'm there, see??  These are the steps from my apartment up to the bus stop at the top of the hill.


My bus stop.

The bus stop I get off at when I come home.  They put little tents up for the cold and the wind.

My street, after my bus stop, after coming down the stairs.  This is my home every night.

The front of my building looking especially unattractive. . .and our little homeless mascot.

My apartment building.

My apartment door.  #14 :-)

The English Table, where Lindie and I take Korean lessons.  It also says "Happy Birthday!"

A cell phone store that we walk by after Korean lessons.  Thanks for letting us use the balloons!!

Paris Baguette, where we get lunch everyday after Korean.
The after-Korean bus stop at the bottom of the hill.

How I spend most of my time.  Waiting on the bus. 

Lindie made you one, Mom!  :-)  This is Lindie's apartment where I spend all the time that I'm not waiting for a bus.



On the bus.  In the rear view mirror.  Cool, huh?  Thanks Albert!

My desk :-)

Department store near my work.  Merry Christmas!

A really beautiful tree near my work.  Also, McDonald's deserved some recognition for being part of my almost daily life. :-)








       



















































Happy Birthday, Mom!  I love you so much!  I'm so sorry that I couldn't be there for your birthday, but I hope you know I was thinking about you all day.  I miss you a lot.  Thank you for being the best mom in the entire world :-)  Happy Birthday!!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment