Friday, February 11, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DADDY!!

Hey, Dad.

I promise I'm not going to tell people how old you are (although I can hardly believe it!  on the other hand, you don't look a day older than you did when I was nine years old :-) but still, I won't tell) but I just wanted to say, happy birthday to the best Dad in the actual universe.

Aaaaaand, so did my wonderful friends :-)  So, I borrowed this white board from my lovely friend Albert and took it with me today and told everyone what an amazing, momentous occasion it was today.

So, this morning I went to my Korean lesson:


This is Jean, my language partner.  (It says "Happy Birthday". . .at least he said it did. . .maybe I should check it :-)


And my dear friend Ji Young :-)


And Lindie's sweet language partner, Ted (who is excited about your birthday, of course, but VERY excited about his new Kindle!)  :-)  He told me to tell you that what he wrote is a traditional Korean birthday saying :-)


This is Jonah, the king of the Cafe :-)


This is Sophie :-)  everyone wanted to get in on it :-)


See :-)  You're very popular!  :-)
 We had to leave the Cafe early because Lindie, Albert and I went with Terry to meet one of his university classes and talk to them. . .we were pretty nervous.  They were taking a test when we got there, so I decided this was a great opportunity to get their pictures :-)

Of course, you know Lindie :-)


And Terry, the coolest teacher you're ever gonna meet :-)


See?  Totally dripping with awesome.


And dear Albert :-)
 Then I had to go to work.  Because it was, after all, a work day.  We had a LOT of fun talking to Terry's students and I wish we could have stayed there all day, gotten some lunch with them, went out and done something with them, but we all have jobs so, we had to go to them.

My co-worker, Mac 
 My other friends there said that they would sign it, but it was a crazy busy day there today, so they didn't get to, but they wanted to!  :-)

But, anyway, those are the cool people that are closest to me here, and the ones that I see almost every day.  :-)  Pretty good life I have here :-)

Happy Birthday, Daddy!  (pay no attention to my messy kitchen. . .haven't actually finished cleaning up from making dinner)
 You really are the best Dad that a girl could ask for. I miss you a lot!! I was so sorry to hear that you were sick on your birthday!  That's so crummy.  I wish I could have been there.  But we'll have a big belated birthday party really soon.  Hope that you had a good birthday!

Love ya, Daddy!                 Love, jean

No comments:

Post a Comment