Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas at YES

On Christmas Eve, at my school, we had a Christmas party.  It was basically their Market Day (which is like a store, they earn stamps every class and then they turn those stamps into dollars and then they can turn those dollars into pencil cases and chicken.  Pretty awesome.) with a twist.  All of the classes went into a big class room and Mac and I asked them some Christmas questions, sang some Christmas carols with them and gave them some little presents for singing.  It was pretty awesome, actually.

But, before they went into the classroom we went into a regular classrooms to practice answering Christmas questions, sing carols and do little Christmas word searches.

And here are some of my kids:  :-)




This is my youngest class.  I see them every Friday.  From left to right there's Connes, Ben, Gina, Chris, and then Max hiding in the back.

Now Max is hiding behind Gina's hat.  This is kind of how class is everyday.  :-)

This is them singing a carol for me :-)  This is also sort of what class is like.  Singing and jumping around :-)





I was helping Gina with a puzzle and she thought it was a good chance for a photo.

This is one of my funnest classes.  Joe, with the double peace signs, is one of the sweetest kids in the world.  Next to him is Neo, below him is Ryan, another really sweet kid, then Phillip, a sweetheart, Jack is behind him, Daniel is in the hat, then Sophie is hugging Sue.  Those two are adorable, they just walk around the hallway attached to each other.  Sue is so incredibly smart, and this is one of my most charismatic classes, high energy but really fun.  Sue sang a carol in front of everyone later on this day, it was awesome.

This is another really fun class.  There used to be a lot more of them, but several of them were moved to other classes (thankfully, I still have most of them) and these four guys are a lot of fun.  Jim, Jackie, James and Aaron.  Really funny guys.  Love 'em.  They're stinkers, but they are awesome.


This was in the big room, seven times we did this and it was always pretty fun.  We asked them questions, sang songs with them, I showed them a little bit of How The Grinch Stole Christmas while they were waiting for their turns at Market Day, pretty cool.


Singing Time.

Come on, guys!  :-)


Some of them weren't really feeling it. . .

But if they sang a solo, they got to dig around for a present.  Awesome.

Solo time!  This is Jake, one of my kids, he is a ham bone to the core, didn't surprise me at all that he sang in front of everyone.  Did a really good job too.  Awesome, Jake :-)  He's got a mullet, I think he's the only guy in the country rockin' a mullet, so you know he's got to have an awesome sense of humor.

Come get your dollar!

This is one of my more advances classes who are, of course, waaaaaaay too smart to have to listen to me :-)  

These are two new girls in my wild Wednesday night class, Jane and Anna.  They are absolute sweethearts and I'm really glad they are in my class.  Anna is the one who made the color paper wreath for me :-)

I caught every single one of them blinking.  Success!  :-)  This is Jane, Anna, Luke (another really sweet kid) Justin and Joseph.

Anna, Jane's twin sister Jessica (really sweet and fantastically smart) Sunny and Julia.

Anna is a little bit of a screen stealer :-)  
So, that was it, Christmas at Yes.  Lot's of songs, lots of questions and lots of dollars.  I got a couple of Market Day gifts, so that was awesome, and tried a lot of Market Day snacks (some kids even gave me some chicken!  And will be getting A's on their next couple of quizzes!) :-)

So, Merry Christmas :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment